I do not have a ton of makeup. I try to only buy what I need or just really want. With that being said, I feel like over the past few months my collection has gotten a little out of control. I just placed a large NYX order and an e.l.f. Cosmetics order so I needed to make some space. I went through everything I had and I’m getting rid of what I feel is a decent amount. This is not like the declutters that the beauty gurus on YouTube do. I don’t own 600 lipsticks so there won’t be 50 of them to be gotten rid of, haha. Some of this stuff I have reviewed before but some I have not. Regardless, I will summarize why each item didn’t work for me. I really enjoy reading/watching other people’s makeup declutters so I hope you enjoy mine!
- e.l.f. Eyeshadow Primers in Sheer and Pearl: I used to love e.l.f.’s eyeshadow primer in Sheer. I believe at some point they changed the formula because now it’s just a thin and runny mess that does nothing for my eyeshadow. The primer in Pearl never worked for me for the same reasons.
- Hard Candy Eyeshadow Primer: Hard Candy’s eyeshadow primer was a disaster. I hated it the first time I tried it. It was too thick, wouldn’t blend and didn’t help my eyeshadows at all.
- Hard Candy Eyeshadow Palette in Guilty Pleasure: As with the eyeshadow primer this palette was awful. It was dry, no color payoff and the glitter was only on the top layer of the shadow instead of being mixed throughout.
- e.l.f. Chic Sixteen Eyeshadow Palette: I really hate to declutter this set because it was a Christmas gift from my husband. However, these are some of the worst eyeshadows I’ve ever tried so they have to go. The sixteen different shadows all look gorgeous but that’s the only good thing about them. They’re dry, crumbly, no color payoff and even with a primer they disappear within a few hours.
- e.l.f. Illuminating Palette: I had high hopes for this four shade highlighter palette but I was very disappointed. None of the shades worked for my skintone, they were dry and just looked terrible on my skin.
- e.l.f. Neutralize and Conceal Palette: I’m not a big fan of color correctors but I thought I would give e.l.f.’s small palette a try. It was not good, to say the least. The formula is very greasy, wouldn’t blend and did nothing to correct flaws.
- e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer: This product isn’t really bad it’s just not what I want. It didn’t really moisturize my skin and I couldn’t tell that it was tinted at all.
- e.l.f. Loose Powder: As with e.l.f.’s eyeshadow primers, I loved their loose powder but something about the formula has changed. Now it clings to dry patches and just sits on the skin.
- e.l.f. Shimmer: I never really cared for e.l.f.’s golden highlighter. It’s way too powdery and just doesn’t look pretty on my skin.
- e.l.f. Blush in Glow: The formula of this blush is wonderful but the color is just way too orange for my skin tone.
- e.l.f. Lip Balm: This might be the worst lip balm I’ve ever tried. It has a very dry formula so when you put it on your lips it pulls across them and it does nothing for dry lips.
- e.l.f. Lip Lacquer in Burgundy: I received one of e.l.f.’s Lip Lacquers in the color Bold Pink for free and I loved it so I decided to buy another color. I ordered Burgundy and it is completely different than Bold Pink. It is so patchy and streaky. e.l.f. has some great lip products but this is not one of them.
- Glamour Dolls Cosmetics Lip Jelly: This lip jelly is supposed to condition your lips but not only did it not do that it was super sticky and smelled sickly sweet like artificial honey.
That’s everything! Like I said, it’s not much but it cleared out some space for all the new things I have coming. Let me know if you like this or if you’ve tried any of these products! Thanks for reading and have a great day!