A month or two ago I reviewed the NYX Go-To Palette in Bon Voyage and I mentioned that I would probably pick up the other Go-To Palette in Wanderlust. After telling myself multiple times that I didn’t need another palette I finally broke down and bought it anyways. It was $17.00 just like the Bon Voyage Palette (Bon Voyage is currently on sale for $11.90, however).
- In this palette you get six eyeshadows, one highlight, one blush and one contour shade. None of the eyeshadows are totally matte but the white/cream colored eyeshadow and the brown eyeshadow on the bottom left have very little shimmer and are close to being matte. The rest of the eyeshadows are shimmery.
- The formula in Wanderlust is identical to Bon Voyage. Everything is very pigmented and almost everything is very creamy. The brown eyeshadow on the bottom left and the blush can be a bit dry and chunky.
- At first glance the highlight and blush look identical to the ones in the Bon Voyage Palette but they are different. The highlights in both palettes are a champagne/golden tone but the one in this palette, Wanderlust, is much more intense. You need to apply it lightly and just build it up or you will blind everybody, haha. The blush in this palette is very peach toned and the blush in Bon Voyage is coral/pink toned.
- I don’t contour my face so I’m not sure how good the contour in this palette is but it feels smooth and creamy.
- This palette does have a lot of kick up and fall out but I like it enough to deal with it. It was very easy to work with and would be great for someone new to makeup or someone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of time working with their eyeshadow.
- The packaging is very sturdy and would be perfect for travel.
I highly recommend this palette as well as Bon Voyage. Wanderlust is perfect for neutral looks while Bon Voyage has all of the beautiful jewel tones. My only complaint is that neither have a true black shade. Bon Voyage has a deep blue/black that could probably pass as black but I would prefer a true black for lining my eyes with. I hope they release more palettes with this formula because it’s just so good. Let me know if you have or would like to try either of these! Thank you for reading and have a great day!