NYX is a brand that’s pretty hit or miss for me. Some of their products are like my holy grails, can’t live without them (their BB Cream and HD Concealer) and others are pure trash. Their Hydra Touch Powder Foundation is both to me. I know that doesn’t make any sense but I will explain. This powder foundation is $10.00 and available in twenty shades. Mine is in the lightest shade, Porcelain.
*First column is no makeup, second column is just powder foundation and third column is my NYX BB Cream, NYX HD Concealer and then the powder foundation on top. Just click on the pictures to see them in more detail.
I’ll break down what I liked and disliked with a list of pros and cons.
- I absolutely loved this over my BB Cream. It set my foundation and I didn’t have to use any other powder.
- It offers a decent amount of coverage to just be a powder. As you can see in the pictures above where I’m only wearing the powder, my acne is still visible along with my dark circles. This is definitely a sheer to light coverage product. This could be a pro or a con depending on what you want. It really helps to bump up the coverage of BB/CC creams, however.
- This shade matched me perfectly and there is a decent shade range available.
- You can apply this with a wet sponge for more coverage or a dry brush to just use it as a powder.
- This looked HORRIBLE under my eyes. It aged me by about twenty years. It settled into my bags and fine lines and just looked awful. It looked bad by itself and over my BB Cream and concealer.
- I tried to use this just over concealer with no kind of foundation and it caked up on the concealer. It did not do this over my BB Cream.
- This settles into fine lines, especially around my mouth and forehead.
- I have to use thinner liquid products with this or it looks way too heavy and cakey. I would not use this with a foundation or thick concealer, only BB Creams.
- If I tried to wear this alone it really accentuated my pores even with my pore minimizing primer that I love.
Most of the time when I wear makeup I am wearing my NYX BB Cream and with that I loved this powder foundation. I hated the way this looked by itself on my skin and it can get cakey over other products really fast. I recommend this if you primarily wear BB or CC creams and just want to bump up the coverage a little bit. This would also be a good option as a sheer foundation if you don’t have much to cover up or any bags under your eyes. I’m always looking for new foundations because I still haven’t found one I love so let me know what your favorites are! Thanks for reading and have a great day!