*This product was sent to me for free from the brand in exchange for an honest review.
When Shiny Leaf contacted me and asked if I would like to review their Argan Oil Shampoo of course I said yes. I’m always willing to try anything that might be a better alternative to what I’m already using. I am not a hair product snob by far. I typically use VO5 and that has worked great for me. VO5 is cruelty free, paraben free and about $1.00 a bottle, so obviously, I wasn’t using anything fancy.
Shiny Leaf claims to be a more natural brand. They are cruelty free and made in the USA. They also offer free shipping on all orders. They sell shampoos, conditioners and oils all within a moderate price range. The Argan Oil Shampoo is infused with natural oils that is supposed to keep the hair soft, strong and prevent breakage. It is $12.79 for 16 fluid ounces of product.
Before I get into my review I feel it’s important for me to explain my hair type. My hair is thick, wavy and gets oily easily. Argan Oil is a very moisturizing oil so I was concerned with how it would react with my hair. My hair doesn’t need a lot of moisture because it makes its own so typically I use clarifying or just basic shampoos. I’ll talk more about how this shampoo reacted with my hair below. I’m going to give a list of all the pros and cons.
- This shampoo smells amazing! The smell lingers for a full day after using it.
- This is a very hydrating shampoo. If you struggle with breakage or dry hair this will probably really help you.
- Shipping was very fast. I received my shampoo within four days.
- The brand is cruelty free.
- The brand doesn’t claim to be paraben free but I researched each ingredient on the shampoo and as far as I can tell it is paraben free.
- While this shampoo is not luxury range expensive, it’s still more than drugstore and more than a lot of people can afford on a regular basis.
- This shampoo was just way too hydrating for my hair. My hair was greasy and felt very heavy. I could only try this out for a few days because I hated the way my hair felt. Of course, this is only a con for my hair type.
- The packaging for this shampoo was terrible. When I received my first bottle it had leaked everywhere. I contacted the brand just to let them know that I had received the bottle but it had leaked and they generously sent me a second bottle. I was told that the leakage was a one time and rare occurrence, however, my second bottle leaked everywhere as well. The bottles do not have a safety seal or any kind of plastic around the lid and that’s why this keeps happening. I received these for free so I wasn’t bothered by the fact that they leaked BUT if I had paid for these I would be highly annoyed. I’m going to put pictures of how I received the second bottle.
If a brand is going to charge $13.00 a bottle for shampoo it needs to be better packaged than what I can get at Walmart.
I do really appreciate Shiny Leaf sending me their shampoo but I’m just not sure I can recommend it to readers of my blog. I like that they are a more natural and cruelty free brand but that can be found at any drugstore. I might would still recommend it to those with very damaged hair but I say buy at your own risk because there’s a good chance it will come to you half empty. I hope this review was helpful to you in some way. If you’ve tried anything from Shiny Leaf please let me know what your experience was like! Thanks for reading and have a great day!