The SOL Body Face and Body Makeup has been the most surprising product I’ve tried this year. I was hopeful that it would be good but I didn’t expect it to become a holy grail. It’s not completely perfect, though, so let’s talk about it.
The Face and Body Makeup is $16.00 for 3 ounces of product; three times as much as the standard foundation amount. As the name would imply, it can be used on the face or body. It claims to be transfer resistant and provide medium to buildable coverage with a soft matte finish. It has a nourishing formula of coconut water, papaya extract and vitamin E. It is also free of parabens, mineral oil and phthalates. It’s available in twelve shades and I have the lightest one, Fair 2; a light warm shade. Let’s discuss pros and cons.
- This foundation is truly transfer resistant. I did NOT try it on my body because I really don’t have a need for body makeup but it is incredible on the face. I do always use a powder because I have combination skin but if you have dry skin, this would probably last all day without powder. I have worn a mask over this foundation multiple times and it held up fantastically.
- I didn’t have any major creasing or settling.
- It is super easy to blend with a brush, sponge or fingers.
- It leaves a very natural looking, satin/soft matte finish on the skin. It didn’t feel tight or dry. It was just very comfortable to wear.
- The coverage is what I would consider to be medium but not really buildable, as the brand claims. I prefer this level of coverage, though, and just added concealer if I needed more.
- It performed great on its own but I really loved it with the e.l.f. Matte Oil Control Primer. Those two products together are my new go to. However, it worked well with everything I used.
- I love the squeeze tube packaging.
- It has no noticeable scent and did not cause my acne prone skin to break out.
- The shade range is absolute trash. It doesn’t go light or deep enough. I am no where near the lightest skin color in the world and the lightest shade available is too dark for me. I am able to make it work since it doesn’t have super full coverage but I really hope to see the range expanded in the future.
The first two pictures are with no makeup and the last two are with one layer of the foundation. You can still see blemishes poking through but the coverage is quite nice.
I’ve been using this foundation exclusively for the past month or so but here are four different days. I always loved the way my makeup turned out with it.
Here’s my makeup after two full days of wear. You can see where it slightly wore away around my mouth and nose but it looks perfect compared to most other foundations. I am using the e.l.f. Matte Oil Control Primer in the picture on the left and no primer in the picture on the right.
As you can tell, I really recommend this foundation… if you can find your shade. It’s my current favorite and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Have you tried it? Let me know! Thanks for reading and have a great day!