e.l.f. Cosmetics is always coming out with new products to the point it can be hard to keep up with all the new releases. In the past year or so they have released two separate skincare lines, the cheaper skincare line and then the more expensive Beauty Shield Collection. I have not tried anything from the Beauty Shield Collection and I’m not sure I’m going to. Almost everything in it is pretty pricey and e.l.f. products can be so hit or miss that I’m not sure I want to invest the money. They’ve been releasing Beauty Shield makeup, however, that is reasonably priced and I do plan to try some of it. Anyways, I’ve tried a few different products from their basic skincare line so I thought I would review them. Before now I had only tried their Hydrating Water Sheet Mask that I did like. I’m going to list the products as they appear left to right in the picture above.
- The Nourishing Night Cream is $12.00. I bought this during one of the half off sales and that’s when I reccomend anyone wanting to try this to buy it. It was good but I don’t think it is worth $12.00. It’s fairly thick but not much thicker than an average moisturizer. It did not burn, irritate or break out my skin. I do have very sensitive skin and I’m prone to breakouts so I do feel this would be okay for sensitive skin. It moisturizes decently but nothing spectacular. It did not completely get rid of my dry skin and I have combo skin so I don’t think it would work well for someone with severely dry skin. It has very little scent. I do recommend this but only when you can get it on sale.
- The Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 is $8.00. I really liked this moisturizer. It moisturized my skin nicely and applied well under my makeup. A positive and a negative is that it has SPF 15. It’s a positive because of the protection from the sun but a negative because it can sting sensitive skin and eyes. It did not break out or irritate my skin. The sunscreen scent is pretty strong. I do recommend this moisturizer.
- The Illuminating Moisturizer with SPF 15 is $8.00 but I recieved this for free as a Beauty Squad perk. I did not care for this moisturizer. It moisturized my skin decently but not great. I didn’t notice it providing any kind of illumination. It does have SPF in it but does not smell as strongly as the Daily Moisturizer with SPF does. It didn’t irritate or break out my skin. My main issue with it is it is the same price as the other moisturizers but you only get 1.22 fluid ounces in it versus the 2.20 fluid ounces in the regular moisturizers. If it did anything special it might be worth it but I say pass on this one.
- The Daily Hydration Moisturizer is $8.00. The only difference in this one and the other Daily Moisturizer is this one does not contain SPF. I like it just as much and it performs in the same way. It has a very mild scent. I do recommend this moisturizer.
- The Hydrating Gel Melt Cleanser is $10.00. I purchased mine from TJ Maxx for $5.00 but honestly, I think this is worth $10.00. I wasn’t expecting much from this but I really loved it. It does exactly what it claims to do in that it melts off makeup. I would just rub this all over my face, even my eyes, and then rinse with water and most of my makeup would be gone. Eyeliner and mascara may require a bit more work but for the most part this removes all of it. It has no scent, did not burn my eyes and did not irritate my skin. I think something like this would be great for travelling, especially camping. I do recommend this cleanser.
That’s everything I’ve tried so far. I’m planning to try some of their other products once I run out of what I’m currently using. If you’ve tried any of these or want to let me know what you think! Thanks for reading and have a great day!