This is not a crafting or DIY blog in any way but I thought for October it would be fun to do a few. I am by far not the craftiest person in the world but one thing I really like to do is make wreaths. Fun fact about me is I used to make them to sell and the one I’m going to tell you how to make was one of my best sellers. It’s super easy and with the supplies I used it costed me about $15 to make, if that. All of my supplies came from the Dollar Tree and WalMart but you could get similar ones anywhere. Let’s get into it!
Pictured above and what I used is:
- A wreath frame. I bought mine at WalMart for around $5.00.
- A can of matte black spray paint. My wreath was already painted and only needed touch ups. You’ll need at lease two cans of spray paint for a typical brown wreath. I bought mine at WalMart for $1.00 a can.
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks. You can buy this at WalMart or any craft store.
- Black ribbon. I bought mine at WalMart for $2.00 or $3.00.
- Black berry or flower decor, optional. I bought this at the Dollar Tree.
- Gray Spanish Moss. I bought this at the Dollar Tree.
- Fake stem wire cutter, you’ll only need this if you plan to use some kind of fake flower that you can’t cut through with regular scissors. I bought this at Hobby Lobby and I can’t remember how much it was.
- Scissors. These are considered sewing scissors and I bought them at WalMart.
- Crow. I bought this at Dollar Tree.
After you’ve painted your wreath and let it dry, it needs to dry for at least four hours, you can attach the ribbon. There isn’t a specific length to cut the ribbon. Just cut it for how far down you want the wreath to hang on the door. Next, put hot glue onto one end of the ribbon, put it in the center of the wreath and then glue the other end to it. Be sure to use plenty of glue or your wreath will fall after hanging outside for awhile.
After you’ve given the ribbon enough time to dry, get a chunk of Spanish Moss. The moss naturally sticks together so just put hot glue all along the back part of the moss and then press it where you want it on the wreath. It can be as little or as much as you want. It’s just supposed to look like a messy nest. I start in the center of the wreath and put the moss partially up one side.
Next just hot glue your crow into the nest and add on your flowers or stems if you chose to use them. That’s it!
This is a super easy and affordable wreath to make. Please let me know what you thought about this and if you’d like to try it! Also, let me know if you would like to see more DIY type stuff. Thanks for reading and have a great day!