As you’re reading this I am in the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. If you’ve never been, it’s a gorgeous place to travel filled with mountains and tons of fun things to do. My husband and I are celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary so that’s why we decided to take a vacation. I’ll be posting all about it next week and you can follow my Instagram to see more if you would like (shameless self promo). I love reading and watching Youtube videos about what people choose to travel with. I think that’s usually a good indication of their favorite, tried and true products. You don’t want to travel with skincare or makeup that isn’t your favorite because it wastes space and you’ll be stuck with stuff you don’t love. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing what I am taking with me! I’ve reviewed almost all of the makeup and I will link to my reviews. I haven’t reviewed most of the skincare yet because I’m trying out new stuff so I will link to where you can purchase it from.
- I recently discovered the Mario Badescu skincare brand and I’m trying quite a few things from it. I bought the Hit Refresh bundle at Ulta which contains the Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Botanical Exfoliating Scrub and the Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea. All of these are new to me and a review will be coming in a few weeks.
- Also from Mario Badescu I have the Facial Spray with Rosewater, Aloe and Herb. I have used this and love it. I use it on my bare skin and over my makeup. Full review coming soon.
- The Dr. Teal’s Body Lotion is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Mine contains avocado oil and it’s very moisturizing. It can be on the sticky side but it’s great for very dry skin.
- I’ve been using Rosehip Oil on my face daily. I bought mine from TJ Maxx so I don’t have anywhere to link to but you can find the oil very easily. It just might not be the same brand as mine. This is great for moisturizing and is supposed to help with acne but hasn’t helped mine yet.
- The Derma E Scar Gel is very new to me so I don’t have an opinion on it yet. I bought this to help fade my acne scars and it says it can take up to six months to work. I will review it in six months or when I see an improvement.
- The Burt’s Bees Rosewater Toner is something I’ve used off and on for the past year. I just started using it on a regular basis again. It doesn’t irritate my skin and seems to work well.
- I use plain Witch Hazel every night before I moisturize. This stuff has really helped my acne.
- I am in love with the Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion and Night Cream. They are scented with clary sage (a springtime flower type of smell) and they moisturize wonderfully with no irritation. I linked to the actual Burt’s Bees site but you can sometimes find them cheaper on WalMart’s site or Amazon.
My skin is combination that tends to be more dry and I have hormonal acne. Most people wouldn’t need this much skincare but I have to baby my skin. That’s everything going with me and now onto makeup!
- I’ve recently started using my e.l.f. primers regularly again and realized just how good they are. The Pore Control is my favorite and the one going with me.
- My skin has been very dry recently and my NYX BB Cream makes it looks so dewy and just healthy. My skin always looks good with this and I can get full coverage with two layers and a little concealer.
- My favorite concealer is NYX HD. This stuff covers just about anything.
- My favorite setting spray of all time is the e.l.f. regular setting spray.
- NYX’s Color Correcting Powder in Lavender has been my go to for the past two months.
- The e.l.f. Undereye Setting Powder in Rose really helps brighten my dark circles.
- For blush, I have a new Makeup Revolution palette that I will be trying out but just in case I don’t care for it I’m taking my reliable e.l.f. blush in the shade Blushing.
- There is a highlight shade in the Makeup Revolution palette I’ll be using but as with the blushes I’m taking something I know that I love as well, the essence Pure Nude Highlighter.
- I’ll be using my reliable Milani Eyeshadow Primer.
- As for palettes, I will be taking my Coastal Scents Joli Colibri and Fairy Fuschia. These are my two favorite palettes in my collection and between them I have every shade I could want. I’m also taking my older Wet n Wild trio, Walking on Eggshells.
- My go to mascara has been the e.l.f. Mineral Infused one but then they changed the formula and I haven’t tried the new one. I’m almost out of mine so I’m taking another e.l.f. mascara in Lengthening & Volumizing. Hopefully I like it.
- For lips, I have my e.l.f Lip Primer and Beautifully Bare lipsticks in Touch of Berry and Touch of Blush. I also have my Burt’s Bees Vanilla Bean lip balm.
It didn’t look like that much makeup until I listed it all out, haha. Of course, I also have all my brushes and sponges. It takes a lot to just do simple makeup.
This is really a list of my favorites. This is the stuff, for the most part, that I know I can grab and have a good makeup day. Hopefully this helped you find something new! Thanks for reading and have a great day!