I’m late to the party but I finally bought the Colourpop Just My Luck Palette that was released a year ago for St. Patrick’s Day. This palette is $12.00 and an edition to the brand’s monochromatic series. It contains nine shades, five mattes and four metallics. The packaging is plastic that firmly clicks shut and it does include a mirror. Now that the basics are out of the way, let’s get into the review!
I typically create a list of pros and cons for my palette reviews but that’s not necessary for this one. I completely love this palette. Each shade is beautiful, pigmented and blendable. I had no issues with fallout or any issues in general. The only con I could see for some people would be the lack of a light inner corner/brow bone shade. This personally did not bother me, however, and I just used Limelight from Looxi Beauty on my brow bone. This is probably my quickest palette review ever but if you like green and olive tones, this is a fantastic palette to have. It’s honestly my favorite palette from Colourpop with It’s My Pleasure being a close second. Let’s look at some swatches and then I’ll show you the looks I created.
Swatches & Shade Descriptions:
These eyeshadows do have names and shade descriptions on the website. They’ll be in order from left to right; my upper arm to my wrist.
- Chances Are…– matte fresh mint
- Kiss My Hass– matte spearmint
- 50-50– metallic mossy green
- Big Banks– metallic jade
- Mary Jane– metallic chartreuse
- Olive U– metallic olive green
- Act Natural– matte emerald
- Mo Bamba– matte forest green
- Charmed– matte khaki oilve
I created two looks with this palette but I did use the single shadow Limelight from Looxi Beauty on my brow bone. I always use the essence Colour Intensifying Primer and set my primer with a cream colored shade. When explaining the looks, I will go in the order of the swatches on my wrist; left to right and top to bottom. You can click on the pictures to see them better. Since these eyeshadows do have names, I won’t be describing where they are in the palette or what they look like.
This was such an easy look to create. These are the perfect shades for spring and I’ll definitely be using them more.
- I lightly blended Chances Are… right above my natural crease to help create a color gradient. I also used this shade to blend out the edges of the next one used.
- I blended Kiss My Hass all in my crease and applied it over my lid.
- I then applied Big Banks on top of Kiss My Hass on my lid.
- I lined my water line with Mary Jane and also used it in my inner corner.
- I lined my lower lash line with Act Natural, smudged it out and then lightly smudged Kiss My Hass underneath it.
This look is deeper and richer but it was still easy to do. Act Natural is such a stunning emerald green.
- I blended Kiss My Hass above my natural crease.
- I then blended Act Natural right underneath Kiss My Hass.
- I blended Mo Bamba into the deepest part of my crease, completing the gradient of shades.
- I applied So-So mixed with Big Banks on the innermost and outermost parts of my lid.
- I applied Olive U in the center of my lid and in my inner corner.
- I lined my water line with Mary Jane.
- I lined my lower lash line with Charmed. I then smudged Mo Bamba and Act Natural underneath it so that it would match my crease.
- Detail Crease Brush
- Tapered Blending Brush
- Flat Eyeshadow Brush
- Small Angled Brush
- Smudge Brush
- Eye Crease Brush
- Blending Brush, I used this brush to blend out the edges.
If you are curious about any of the other products on my face, you can find these looks in my recent posts on Instagram.
Green is my favorite color so that might be why I’m in love with this little palette. I’m sad that I waited so long to buy it but I’m glad I have it now. What is your favorite palette from Colourpop? Thanks for reading and have a great day!
2 thoughts on “Colourpop Just My Luck Palette Review”
Green is one of my favorite colors too, so this palette is calling my name! I might give it a try if ColourPop has a sale or whenever this coronavirus outbreak settles down.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think it’s worth it!
LikeLiked by 1 person