If you glance around my blog at all you will notice that e.l.f. Cosmetics is my most purchased from brand. Somehow I had never tried their Acne Fighting Foundation, until now. This foundation is $6.00 and you get 1.21 ounces of product. I’ll give you all the pros and cons for this and then show you how it looked on me.
- This foundation is basically full coverage with just one layer. As you will see below, I do have acne and this covered it almost perfectly.
- This does contain 0.5% salicylic acid. It also contains witch-hazel, camphor, tea tree, and soothing aloe so this is a great foundation for acne prone skin.
- This did not get oily throughout the day. My skin is combination and I mainly get oily through my T-Zone but I didn’t notice any significant oil breaking through.
- The texture of this foundation feels almost whipped. It’s not runny and it’s not too thick. It blends very easily into the skin.
- The scent of this is very mild and it’s not a perfume smell, just a foundation type smell.
- My skin is sensitive and this did not cause any irritation. If anything this helped my acne and skin.
- This wore very well throughout the day and I did not notice any significant breaking apart. I tried it with and without primer and it seemed to perform the same regardless.
- This foundation is made more for oily/combo skin types but it’s not overly matte. Even if you have dry skin, which I do a lot of the time, I do think this would still work. You just might need a more hydrating moisturizer and/or primer.
- This is non-comedogenic which means it won’t clog pores.
- This foundation is available in a whopping five shades. Mine is in the lightest shade, Porcelain, and it is about two shades too dark for me. It is straight up orange. I had to use my BH Cosmetics concealer that’s too light for me all over my face to make this work.
- This did slightly settle into my fine lines after many hours of wear but most foundations do that.
The first picture on the far left is without foundation and then the next two are with just one layer. For some reason I didn’t get a picture of the other side of my face with no foundation but there’s acne on that side as well.
These pictures are my finished makeup on different days. I really love the coverage and feel of this foundation. If the shade was right for me this would be one of my all time favorites. I do still really enjoy this, however, and I highly recommend it.
I’m amazed at how good this foundation is for it to just be $6.00. This isn’t a “oh well it’s good for the price”, this is just good in general. If you’ve tried this I would love to know what your experience with it was. If not, let me know what foundations you love! Thanks for reading and have a great day!