I don’t know if I’m just too picky or what but I have tried multiple new foundations over the past few months and haven’t liked ANY of them. I generally love everything from Profusion, however, so I decided to try their one and only foundation. I was very optimistic but unfortunately, I didn’t like this one either. I also bought two of their Perfect Pout Lip Tints so let’s discuss everything.
The Feel Good Skin Foundation is $7.00 for 1.01 ounces of product. It claims to have medium to full coverage with a natural satin finish. It contains SPF 15 and hyaluronic acid. It’s available in 12 shades and I have the lightest one, Fair 1 Warm Yellow. Just like with the e.l.f. Camo CC Cream, this foundation sounds like it would be great for me buttt it is not. Let’s talk about the pros and cons.
✨My skin type is combination with large pores and acne scars.
- The packaging is a plastic squeeze tube type bottle, which I like.
- The shade I chose, Fair 1 Warm Yellow, is a great match for my skin tone.
- The coverage is a pretty solid medium on me. I can still see my blemishes through one layer of it but I could get almost full coverage.
- It did not break me out or irritate my skin.
- The shade range is garbage. There’s nowhere near enough shades on either end of the spectrum.
- This foundation sinks into pores and creases, even with primer underneath it.
- It transfers terribly no matter what I use to set it.
- It looks good upon application but it just sits on the skin, like a heavy mask. Even when I would go in with a very light layer, it would still feel heavy and cakey.
- It does have that foundation type scent and it’s pretty strong.
- The wear time throughout the day wasn’t the worst but it wasn’t the best. It significantly broke down around my nose, mouth and chin. This happened with or without primer.
The first two pictures are of my skin with nothing on it and the second two are with one layer of the foundation. You can still see some blemishes and darkness peeking through but for the most part, it looks pretty good.
These three pictures are of my finished makeup on different days. I’m wearing the e.l.f. Flawless Brightening Concealer in the last two pictures but other than that, I just have powder on. I actually really liked how my foundation looked all of these days. My issue with this foundation is how it wears, not how it looks when applied.
This is how my makeup consistently looked at the end of the day, with or without primer. I always have issues with foundations either disappearing or caking up around my nose and mouth but this one is one of the worst. If it lasted better, it would honestly be a pretty good foundation but there are better ones out there. It may only be $7.00 but I say skip this one.
The Perfect Pout Lip Tints are $4.00 apiece. They come in cheap feeling, but functional, plastic tubes and have doe foot applicators. These lipsticks have a soft matte formula but are not opaque. They leave behind a more sheer wash of color but they are buildable. They’re very similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in feel but less pigmented. They’re also pretty similar to the e.l.f. Sheer Matte Liquid Lipsticks but I like this formula the best. They’re very comfortable, transfer resistant and look great on the lips.
I bought the shades Achiever and Humble. Achiever is a raspberry pink shade and Humble is a peachy shade. I think both are so pretty and I have nothing else like them in my lipstick collection. These lipsticks are great, especially for $4.00, and I recommend them.
Not every product from a brand is going to be great so even though the foundation didn’t work for me, I still think Profusion is one of the best brands out there. You can’t go wrong with their eyeshadows, blushes or the lip tints. I’d love to know what your favorite, or least favorite, product is from them! Thanks for reading and have a great day!