The BH Cosmetics highlighter palettes were some of the first I owned when I really got into makeup. I loved them but I eventually found formulas I liked more, like the Lorac Lux Diamond Golden Hour Palette. I had seen that BH Cosmetics had updated their formula, though, so I wanted to try it again. I decided to pick up the Glowing in Greece Blush & Highlighter Palette.
This face palette is $17.00. It contains three matte blushes and three highlighters. It has cardboard packaging with a magnetic closure and a mirror. Let’s talk pros and cons!
- I didn’t own any peachy/orange toned blushes or highlighters in these exact shades so this palette filled a hole in my collection.
- The blushes are very buildable and blendable. I didn’t think I would be able to wear the deepest one, Santorini, but I had no issues with it.
- The highlighters are also very creamy and blendable. I was able to use all three, as long as I used a light hand.
- The highlighters are not glittery and have a metallic type finish.
- This is definitely personal preference but I’ve discovered that these blush tones just don’t suit me. I was never fully happy with how they looked on my skin because they’re just too warm and orange. I need a more neutral toned, rosy/pink blush.
- The highlighters aren’t bad but they’re basically the same formula BH Cosmetics has had for years. I didn’t notice anything new or special about them. They don’t give the most glow and their thicker formula can really accentuate texture. Don’t get me wrong, they’re good… just not great.
In the two pictures on the left, I’m wearing Mykonos and Athens on my cheeks. I’m also wearing Athens and Olympia on my eyes. In the two pictures on the right, I’m wearing Mykonos, Santorini and Athens on my cheeks. I’m also wearing Milos and Athens on my eyes.
In the picture on the left, I’m wearing Santorini and Olympia on my cheeks. In the picture on the right, I’m wearing Paros and Milos on my cheeks.
Overall, this isn’t a bad palette but it is one I could see myself decluttering. The formulas are good but they’re nothing unique. If you’ve been looking for these shades, however, I don’t think you’d dislike this palette. Let me know if there’s anything else I should try from BH Cosmetics! Thanks for reading and have a great day!