Ah, 2017 what a year you have been. I was reading my blog post from the end of 2016 and it’s amazing how much I’ve changed in just a year. I thought it would be fun to see which resolutions for 2017 I accomplished and which I did not.
- My first resolution was to be healthier and I actually did that. I joined a gym, changed the way I ate and lost 16 pounds. I should have lost more than that but I fell off the wagon many times. However, I’m still trying and this is the first time I’ve started a new year lighter than the year before.
- My second resolution was to read more and I did that too! I read so much in 2017, especially when I blogged every day in October. I don’t have an exact count but it was a hefty amount of books.
- Third resolution was to finish up some home renovations. Eh, I did and didn’t accomplish this. I am the worst about putting off renovations. I did some little things in my house but none of the huge projects so those are going to roll over into 2018…
- Fourth resolution was to be a better and happier person. I think I’ve did that. I’ve grown as a person, bettered my health and came to peace with certain things in my life. I ended 2016 very bitter and angry. Thankfully, that’s not how I’m ending 2017.
Now onto my…
- I want to continue on my health journey. This doesn’t just mean losing weight. I want to continue finding what makes me feel better inside and out.
- I want to put more effort into my blog. As of right now my blog is at 150 followers and that’s not counting my Twitter or Instagram. It’s never been about the amount of followers for me. I do this because I love it but I would be lying if I said it wasn’t nice to see what I work so hard on to grow. At the beginning of January I’ll be moving up to the paid personal platform on WordPress and just trying to make my pictures better and reviews more informative. I want people to want to hit that follow button.
- Ugh the dreaded home renovations… I’m going to try to actually document these renovations with before and after pictures so maybe that will make me feel accountable if I don’t finish them, haha. We’ve put so much work into this house and it looks much better than when we bought it but it still has a ways to go before I’m satisfied with it.
That’s really it. I’m mostly content with my life right now. Of course, there’s things that I wish were different but it’s amazing how much can change in a year so I haven’t gave up on accomplishing my goals and changing what I want to change. I hope as you go into 2018 that you’re blessed, happy and healthy! I love reading others resolutions so please tell me yours! Thank you so much for reading. Have a great day and a happy new year!