Skincare products aren’t something I review often because I like to use new stuff for a long time before I give a final opinion. I’m in the process of revamping my skincare routine and changing to products that will be more beneficial for my issues. I have combination skin that tends to be more dry with acne so I’m wanting to focus on non-comedogenic skincare. I thought I would do a roundup list of all the worst stuff I’ve tried over the past few months. I have reviewed a lot of this before and I will link to those reviews. If I haven’t reviewed it I will link to where you can purchase it from.
- e.l.f. Pore Refining Peel Off Mask: I hate this mask so much. Not only is it $8.00 for just 2.47 ounces, it irritates my skin, has no positive benefits and you have to leave it on for 30 minutes. I would much rather buy a Feeling Beautiful Freeman’s Mask that is $4.29 for 6 ounces and actually works.
- Physicians Formula Vitamin C Stick: This is basically a $8.00 stick of grease filled with SPF that burns my eyes. This feels so gross on my skin and had no positive benefits.
- Dr. Teals Foot Cream: This foot cream is $4.00 for 8 ounces. This isn’t awful. It smells incredible and it feels good on the feet but it just doesn’t moisturize, like at all. I have regular body lotions that do a better job.
- Purifect Facial Oil Serum: You can get this serum on Amazon for $10.00, I got mine at Ross. This stuff was TERRIBLE for my skin. This gave me deep, cystic acne that took forever to heal. My acne is mainly caused by my hormones but what goes on my skin does affect it and oh boy, this oil wrecked it. I know that facial oils are supposed to be great for all skin types but so far I haven’t found one that didn’t totally clog my pores.
- e.l.f. Daily Hydration Moisturizer with SPF 15 & Illumination Moisturizer with SPF 15: I dislike both of these moisturizers for the same reason, the SPF. SPF is great in skincare but for some reason whatever e.l.f. uses burns my eyes (even if nothing gets in them) and it stings my skin. My skin will get red and blotchy when I use these. These are both $8.00 and in my opinion, neither are worth it.
That is all of my skincare fails for now! I had also tried a terrible lotion from Dr. Bronner’s that was basically just scented water but Ulta no longer carries it so I didn’t include it. I’m in the process of trying a few things from Cetaphil and I’m working on finding more non-comedogenic makeup so those reviews will be coming in a few weeks! Have you tried anything I mentioned? Was your experience the same or different? Let me know! Thanks for reading and have a great day!