My 27th birthday was at the beginning of this month on the 7th. I created a poll on my Twitter and Instagram asking if you guys would like to see a birthday haul and it was a 100% yes. I wanted that feedback to make sure this kind of post was okay before I wrote it. I never want to seem like I’m bragging or “flexing” because I think that kind of behavior is disgusting. I would feel horrible if someone visited my blog and left feeling bad.
To some, my birthday haul may seem really large or really small; it’s all about perspective. I buy more makeup than the average consumer but I’m also not on the level of these influencers that can drop a grand on makeup at any time, lol. I’m always looking for the best deal and that’s still true even on my birthday so most of this was on sale. All of these products will be reviewed over the next few months so I’m not going to be doing swatches or anything like that in this post. I’m just going to tell you what I bought and why. I used a lot of my money to stock up on my regular, go-to products and those are not included here. Everything that I’m going to be talking about is the fun stuff that I REALLY wanted to try. Let’s get into it!
Face & Brows
- Catrice Aqua Fresh Hydro Primer– I saw so many good reviews for this primer and I really wanted to try it. I am glad that I did because it works PERFECTLY under my matte foundations.
- Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation– This is an older foundation but one that most people seem to enjoy. I’ve only tried it once so far and I do really like it despite it being too dark for me. I have the lightest shade, Light Beige.
- AOA Drop Liquid Foundation– I haven’t tried this yet but I bought it because it’s less than $2.00. It claims to give a satin finish with buildable coverage, which is what I love, so I’m hoping this will be a very affordable option that I can tell all of you about. I have the shade Porcelain.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Wow Brow Gel– This is e.l.f.’s newest tinted brow gel and it’s the first brow gel I’ve ever tried. I can already say that I love this. It doesn’t create flawless, Instagram brows but it creates very natural looking brows that are quick and easy to do. I have the shade Neutral Brown.
- Milani Rose Powder Blush– This isn’t a new formula to me. I’ve loved the Milani Rose Blushes for years but I wanted to try the shade Coral Cove because I didn’t have any vibrant, coral blushes.
- AOA Perfect Pressed Highlighter– This is a gorgeous highlighter in the shade Empress. I really didn’t expect much from it because it’s only $1.00 but it’s a good one.
- AOA Wonder Baked Highlighter– This is too dark for me to use as a highlighter but it’s a beautiful blush topper. It’s in the shade Fresa.
- LA Girl HD Pro Concealer– This is called a concealer but it’s technically a highlighter. It’s in the shade Iridescent and has a white base with a blue/purple shift. I haven’t got to use this yet so I’m not sure how well it works.
- A2O Single Eyeshadows– The four singles on the far left are from ShopMissA. I haven’t used them yet but they swatch beautifully. I’m really into singles right now and I’ve bought quite a few.
- Looxi Beauty Single Eyeshadows– On the far left in the palette are all the Looxi Beauty eyeshadows I bought. I had been wanting to try them for forever and they happened to be having a huge sale during my birthday. These shadows are MAGICAL. You can see a few of them in action right here.
- Morphe 25B Bronzed Mocha Eyeshadow Palette– This palette, in the middle, happened to be half off when I was shopping and I couldn’t resist. I think these shades are going to be beautiful in the fall and winter.
- Profusion Mixed Metals Eyeshadow Palette- I sadly can’t link to this palette, top right, because it has been discontinued. I found it at TJ Maxx for just a few dollars and thought it was beautiful. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it because I don’t think there’s a point in me reviewing it since nobody can purchase it. Let me know if you have any ideas for posts I could create using this palette.
- essence Spiritual Gangster Eyeshadow Palette– I think the name of this palette, bottom right, is so stupid but I love the color story.
- Catrice Prisma Chrome Lipticks– The two lipsticks on the far left are Mystical Mermaid and Blue and Berry’s. I LOVE these lipsticks. They’re so unique and they give the glittery/metallic look without being a dry liquid lipstick.
- NYX Suede Matte Lipsticks– I’ve raved about this lipstick formula multiple times. It’s one of my favorites so I added another three to my collection. From left to right: Violet Smoke, Soft Spoken and Subversive Socialite.
- Acure Radically Rejuvenating Eye Cream– Acure is a new brand at Ulta and I was curious about them. I had been wanting a new eye cream and this one was a great deal at $17.00 for a full ounce so I picked it up. I really like it so far.
- The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA– The Ordinary is another brand that’s new to Ulta. I decided to pick this up because it’s supposed to help fade dark spots. I have acne scars and was hoping this would help but I actually think it’s breaking me out. I’m going to have to test it off and on for a few months to be sure.
That is everything for my birthday haul! I’ll be reviewing all of this stuff as soon as possible but let me know what you would like to see reviewed first. You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to see these products in action before I review them. Thanks for reading and have a great day!