I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Alexandra over at You and Me and Cup of Coffee! Her blog is similar to mine in that we both write about a variety of subjects. She keeps it interesting and is always creating unique content. Please go check her out and thank you, Alexandra, for nominating me!
Rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the post and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
- Write a new list of 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Rules are made to be broken so I’m not planning to write eleven new questions or nominate eleven people. If you’d like to answer the questions that Alexandra has created for me, feel free to! I tag whoever wants to do their own version of this award.
Questions & Answers:
1.What is your favorite character from a movie, TV show or video game?
This is going to sound like a “I’m not like other girls” type of answer but my FAVORITE characters are in books. However, I do love many video game characters; a few being: Blaise and Cheryl from Cursery: The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat and the Red Riding Hood Sisters from Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters.
2. What are the three things you like about blogging the most?
I love getting to be creative, writing and meeting new people in the community.
3. Did your blog grow more or less as you’ve planned when you started blogging, or did it take a different route?
I never expected to blow up and be super popular but I would be lying if I said I hadn’t expected to grow a little quicker. 2020 has been the best year of growth so far and I hope it stays on that trend.
4. What historical period do you find the most fascinating and why?
The ancient Egyptian time period! I’ve always been crazy about Egypt and spend a good bit of time reading nonfiction and fiction about it. I love the culture and just how intelligent they were.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
“They can’t take your birthday.” My mom would say this whenever I would be nervous or anxious about something. It simply means that no matter what happens, they can’t take everything from you.
6. Imagine you’re about to launch a small business and have no limitations in funding, location, etc. What kind of business would you start?
This is difficult because I’m interested in so many things! I suppose either a bookstore or a cattery.
7. Would you rather go to a music concert or stand up comedy show and which performer would you choose?
Neither, I don’t like crowds.
8. Do you have unpopular opinions? If so, what are they?
Lol, I have so many.
-Harry Potter is overrated.
–Six of Crows is hot garbage.
-Sugary drinks are nasty, especially super sweet coffee.
-Hating on the romance genre doesn’t make you more intelligent.
-Stephenie Meyer and Sarah J. Maas are good writers; they have flaws but they’re talented.
-Nobody should support Jeffree Star.
-Colourpop is not the most affordable or even the best quality makeup for the price.
-Representation in books is so important but not every book needs to have every type of character to be a good and impactful story.
-Neil Gaiman’s writing is just okay.
-You can’t always trust doctors and they don’t always know what they’re talking about.
-Women are allowed to be happy in traditional gender roles.
9. What’s your opinion about the luxury industry? Are luxury brands worth the price?
I think it’s a waste of money. You’re paying for a name brand, not quality.
10. Where do you get inspiration when writing for your blog?
I’m inspired by makeup, books, video games and everyday life.
11. If you could instantly remove one thing from the world to make it a better place, what would it be? It can be anything – something tangible, process, idea, emotion, a character trait.
I would remove poverty. Imagine what could happen if nobody had to suffer because of lack of funds.
Thanks again to Alexandra for nominating me and creating some incredible questions. Let me know if your answers would be the same as mine or different! Thanks for reading and have a great day!