It’s time for another e.l.f. haul! e.l.f. releases new products so fast that I usually purchase a few things every month and save them up for one big review. A lot of what I’m reviewing today is older stuff that is just new to me or it’s old products that I’ve had for awhile. Some of it is new releases, however. The foundation and primers were actually the first two reviews I ever did on this blog. When I went back to read them they were so bad that I felt I needed to just delete those reviews and start over, lol. Let’s get started!
- The e.l.f. face primers are $6.00 for 0.47 ounces of product. I have used these primers in the Mineral Infused, Tone Adjusting in Green and Lavender, Hydrating and Poreless.
- The Mineral Infused Primer is perhaps the most basic of all of them but as of right now it’s one of my favorites. I don’t notice it doing anything drastic, no primer ever has for me, but I do feel it works well at helping to fill in fine lines.
- The Tone Adjusting Primer in Green does exactly what the name says it does. It’s basically just like the Mineral Primer but with a green tint. The same goes for the lavender.
- The Hydrating Primer is good but my skin has to be VERY dry for me to be able to use this. If I use this one with a moisturizer my makeup will move around on my face. This also makes my face oily if I use a moisturizer or more dewy type products with it.
- The Poreless Primer works great as a primer but it doesn’t totally fill in my pores. I would consider this to be more of a pore blurring primer rather than a pore filling primer. This is a silicone based primer like the others but it has a more powdery feel on the skin. This and the Mineral Primer are my two favorites.
For just $6.00 I feel these primers are well worth the money. However, keep in mind these are silicone based primers. This means that these will not work with water based foundations and they are going to be more slick and “oily” on the skin, except for the Poreless Primer. Also, there has been some videos going around saying that e.l.f. is “scamming” people and not giving the amount of product advertised. This is pure stupidity. There is a pump type system in the packing, which is why the packaging has to be bulky, and the pump is what pushes the primer out. Don’t believe everything that’s on the internet!
- The Flawless Finish Foundation is $6.00 for 0.68 ounces of product. It comes in a very nice glass bottle with a pump.
- It is oil free and contains SPF 15.
- It is available in 11 shades which is terrible but it’s better than what they had a few years ago. I have the two lightest shades, Light Ivory and Natural. Light Ivory is actually too light for me right now because I have a bit of a tan but it matches me during the fall/winter. Natural is an almost perfect match for me during the summer.
- The formula for this foundation is somewhere between a satin and a matte. If you have very dry skin you will probably need to wear a good moisturizer with a hydrating primer. This will cling to dry patches. After a full day of wear this does settle into my fine lines but almost every foundation does that.
- The coverage is medium to full and is buildable.
- This works best on my skin (combo that tends to be more dry with acne) when I use a good moisturizer and the e.l.f. Mineral Infused Primer.
- This does oxidize a small amount but nothing terrible.
From left to right: no foundation, one layer of foundation and full makeup. You can click on each picture to see it better and I am using the shade Natural.
I definitely recommend this foundation. It has been a long time favorite of mine and is excellent quality for the price.
- The Eye Brightener Pen is $6.00 and available in two shades, a light rosy pink and a yellow.
- The applicator has a brush style tip and you click the end like a pen to get the liquid to come out.
- This really only helps to brighten dark circles, not color correct. For color correcting I really like e.l.f.’s Color Neutralizing Pen for Dark Circles.
- I don’t really like this on its own. I apply my foundation, the Color Neutralizing Pen, this Eye Brightener liquid on top of the Color Neutralizing liquid and then concealer.
- This does blend very easily and does not crease.
Left to right: bare skin, the Eye Brightener liquid on my dark circle and then it blended in.
As you can see in the pictures, this doesn’t totally cover my dark circles. All this does is help brighten the area. This by itself may be enough for some people but not for me. I do recommend it used with other products, however.
I have already reviewed these blushes right here but I purchased the shade Always Rosy and thought I would throw a picture of it in with this haul. To see the shade Always Cheeky and my full review just click that link! I do like Always Rosy but it’s pretty intense on my pale skin. I have to be very cautious when using it. I prefer Always Cheeky.
*Swatches are on my wrist, click the pictures to see them better!
I had been eyeballing these highlighter duos for a long time and finally picked them up during e.l.f.’s 50% off sale. I am so glad that I did because I love these!
- Each duo is $8.00 apiece.
- There is three different duos available. I bought Blue Lagoon and Siren’s Call.
- Blue Lagoon is purple and green. Neither of these shades are very intense but they can be built up. I like that they’re not super dark because that makes them better for everyday wear. On the skin they look like regular highlights until I move my face a certain way then there will be a beautiful flash of green or purple.
- Siren’s Call is yellow and orange. The yellow shade looks like a regular highlight on me. The orange is too dark for me to wear as a highlight alone. I have to mix it with the yellow and still use a light hand.
- Neither of these have glitter and both just leave a beautiful sheen on the skin with a hint of color.
I highly recommend these. I’ve seen quite a few bad reviews about these highlighters, which everyone has different tastes, but I love these. They’re fun without being too intense.
Beautifully Bare Sheer Tint Brow Gel & Clear Brow and Lash Mascara
- The Clear Brow & Lash Mascara is $2.00. I absolutely love almost everything about this. The lash gel side is what I use on days I’m not wearing any makeup. It helps to lengthen my natural lashes. I also love the brow gel side. It keeps my brows in place all day without them being crunchy. The only thing I don’t like about this is the brow gel applicator is way too thick. Besides that, I highly recommend this.
- The Beautifully Bare Sheer Tint Brow Gel was an absolute disaster. It’s available in clear or tinted shades for $5.00. I bought clear. The packaging looks really nice and it has a fantastic, thin applicator. The formula for this, however, is awful. It leaves little white clumps of gel all in my brows. I tried it with and without makeup and it did the same thing both times. I do not recommend.
Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
Everything about this Waterproof Mascara was perfect until I tried to remove it. It’s only $3.00, it is waterproof and did help to lengthen and volumize my lashes. However, when I went to remove this like four lashes from each eye just fell out! I wasn’t even scrubbing them hard, I was gently using coconut oil to remove the mascara. I am not going to use something that damages my lashes so easily. I do not recommend this.
That’s everything! I just noticed that e.l.f. has already released some new stuff so at some point in the next month or two I’ll have another one of these reviews up. If you’ve tried any of these products let me know what you thought about them! Thanks for reading and have a great day!
2 thoughts on “Huge e.l.f. Haul with Reviews!”
I buyed the mineral infused primer but i have so scare to use a primer. I love make up, but I don’t use primer or foundation because I feel than this it’s gonna to closed my pores and I have scare for my skin 😥
LikeLiked by 1 person
I understand! The good thing is most primers and foundations don’t clog skin but if you’re worried maybe start with a BB Cream. BB Creams are much lighter in coverage so there won’t be as much stuff on your face😊
LikeLiked by 1 person