I am so excited to be doing my very first collab today with two of my blogging friends, Erin and Anna. Both of them are so supportive and kind. I’m going to leave all of their links down at the bottom and I’d love if you went and checked them out! We decided to each do a makeup look based on the cover of a book. I chose the book Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield because I think the colors are just stunning. I will also be reviewing this book on Wednesday.
I feel like I was able to match the colors on the cover pretty well but it took A LOT of mixing eyeshadows together. Now that you’ve seen the cover, we’ll get into the actual look!
The only eyeshadow that isn’t swatched is a matte white that I used on top of my primer. I’ll let you know what palettes I used and the specific shade names. I will also link to my reviews of those palettes. I will go in the order of the swatches on my hand, left to right and top to bottom.
- I first blended the shade Ashanti from the Juvia’s Place The Tribe Palette above my natural crease.
- I then blended the shade Talk Dirty from the Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette into my crease.
- I mixed together the shades Kuba from the Juvia’s Place The Tribe Palette and Buzo from the Juvia’s Place Magic Palette. I then packed them all over the eyelid.
- I mixed together the shades Zola, Chi and Makeda from the Juvia’s Place Masquerade Palette. I smudged them on my lower lash line.
- Above the eyeshadows I smudged, I lined my lower lash line with the shade Black Magic from the Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette.
- I then mixed the shades Koro from the Juvia’s Place The Tribe Palette and Moonscape from the BH Cosmetics Desert Oasis Palette. I used those shades in my inner corner and on my brow bone.
Here’s the other noticeable products on my face in case you’re curious: lips are the NYX Cosmetics Candy Slick Gloss in S’more Please, blush is the the J. Cat Beauty Love Struck Blush in Sweet Pea Pink and highlighter is the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights (review coming soon).
Please don’t forget to check out Erin and Anna! They both give great reviews and do beautiful makeup looks. Also, let me know what you think about the look I created! Thanks for reading and have a great day!
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/erin.x.megan/
- Twitter- https://twitter.com/ErinMegan20
- Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/c/ErinMegan