My makeup style and preferences changed drastically in 2020; specifically from August to now. I adopted a beautiful baby boy this year and just haven’t had the time to do makeup like I used to. The products I’m reaching for now are the ones that are easy to use and multitaskers. There will be less product favorites this year than in previous years but the ones I’ve chosen are REALLY my favorites. They’re the ones I’ve reached for over and over.
I have reviewed everything that I will be mentioning and I will link to those reviews. I won’t be showing swatches but of course, you can see those in their specific reviews. Today I’m going to focus on eye, brow and lip products. My post for base and cheek products is already up. If you’d like to check that out, you can here. If I don’t mention a certain type of product, that means I either don’t have a favorite or I don’t use that product. I think that’s everything you need to know so let’s talk about the best of the best!
Primer & Eyeshadow:
- Profusion Cosmetics No Budge Eyeshadow Primer– This primer is only $4.00 and for that price, you get a TON of product; 0.34 ounces. This tube will literally last me forever. When I first reviewed this primer, I really wasn’t in love with it. It has a chunkier formula that can be clumpy and hard to blend but I’ve discovered that this isn’t an issue if I simply use a brush to apply it. Other than that slight con, this primer is great. It’s not sticky and holds shadows in place without creasing. You can see my full review here.
- Profusion Cosmetics Nude Bliss Palette– I honestly can’t believe that I’ve managed to choose just ONE palette for my year end favorites but this one is truly the stand out. It contains my perfect neutrals that I can do something really simple or really in depth with. All of the shadows are so beautiful and work perfectly. Plus, it’s only $10.00. You can see my full review here.
Eyeliner, Mascara & Brows:
- L.A. Girl Shockwave Eyeliner– I’ve never been the biggest fan of eyeliner but I LOVE these. They are completely budge proof and add such a fun pop of color. They’re $4.49 apiece and you can see my full review here.
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof Mascara– This is the only product in my favorites that I haven’t reviewed yet. I included it because it’s the mascara that I’m currently using, and I love it, but I love most of the Covergirl mascaras that I’ve tried. My favorites are this one, the Lash Blast Volume and the Flourish. As for this one in particular, it has a fantastic formula. I’ve unfortunately attended two funerals this year and cried at both but this mascara didn’t budge. It adds the perfect amount of length and volume to my lashes. I honestly think this mascara might be my top favorite because of the formula and the wand shape but I really don’t think you will be disappointed with most of Covergirl’s mascaras. The price varies depending on where you buy them but they’re between $6-8.00.
- e.l.f. Wow Brow Gel– I use this brow gel every time I do my brows. It not only holds them in place but it adds fibers to make them look fuller. I’ve been using this product alone on my brows since August. I’m usually too busy to do anything else and I just love how naturally full this gel makes my brows look. It’s $4.00 and you can see my full review here.
- Milani Ludicrous Lip Gloss– This gloss formula is the absolute best. They’re so thick that they last longer than any other gloss but they’re not sticky. If I’m wearing a gloss, it’s usually one of these. I own quite a few different shades and I love them all the same. They’re $9.00 apiece and you can see my full review here.
- NYX Lip Lingerie Push Up Lipstick– If all of my lipsticks suddenly disappeared, this formula is what I would rebuy first. Their pencil shape makes them easy to apply and they are so long lasting. They’re not as comfortable as a cream lipstick and you can tell they’re matte but they’re still quite comfortable. As with the Milani Ludicrous Glosses, I own multiple shades and they’re all great. They’re $9.00 apiece. You can see reviews and swatches here, here and here.
That is all of my favorite eye, brow and lip products for 2020! My collection has really simplified over the past six months but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Everything I have, I love and use. I would love to know if we share any favorites! Thanks for reading and have a great day!