My makeup style and preferences changed drastically in 2020; specifically from August to now. I adopted a beautiful baby boy this year and just haven’t had the time to do makeup like I used to. The products I’m reaching for now are the ones that are easy to use and multitaskers. There will be less product favorites this year than in previous years but the ones I’ve chosen are REALLY my favorites. They’re the ones I’ve reached for over and over.
I have reviewed everything that I will be mentioning and I will link to those reviews. I won’t be showing swatches but of course, you can see those in their specific reviews. Today I’m going to focus on base and cheek products but eye, brow and lip products will be coming soon. If I don’t mention a certain type of product, that means I either don’t have a favorite or I don’t use that product. I think that’s everything you need to know so let’s talk about the best of the best!
- Milani Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer– I have used this more than any other base product. It does exactly what it claims to do; it moisturizes, adds glow and blurs imperfections. I love it on no makeup days. It’s $10.99 and I wear the shade Nude Glow. I’m not linking to my review because when I reviewed this, I actually didn’t like it. My opinion has definitely changed.
- Australian Gold Tinted Moisturizer– This tinted moisturizer, in the shade Fair to Light, has been my go to if I want a little more coverage than what the Milani Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer can give me. It blends into the skin effortlessly and has a natural, sheer coverage. For $16.00, you get 3 ounces of product; a fantastic deal. You can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Skinsurance Max Coverage Foundation– This foundation, in the shade Soft Beige, is what I use when I want COVERAGE and want it to last all day. Even with it being so high coverage, it still looks natural on the skin. It has a beautiful satin finish and for $15.00, you can’t beat it. You can see my full review here.
Color Correctors, Concealers & Powders:
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer– These concealers are my favorite color correctors and I really like the regular concealer shades, as well. I mix the shades Cool Pink and Peach to create my perfect under eye/dark spot corrector and use the shade Porcelain to conceal. They are $5.00 and you can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Staysurance Zero Smudge Concealer– This concealer, just like the foundation, has became my favorite for full coverage looks. I find it to be less drying than my old favorite, the e.l.f. Cosmetics 16hr Camo Concealer, but still crease proof and long lasting. I wear the shade Custard. This concealer is $8.00 and you can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder– This is hands down my holy grail powder. It looks so smooth, helps to blur pores and sets my makeup for hours. I wear the shade Porcelain. This powder is $7.00 and you can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Aquasurance Powder Foundation– I LOVE to use this powder foundation on top of my tinted moisturizer. It’s also great for correcting makeup mistakes like smeared lipstick or liner. I wear the shade Ivory. This powder is $14.00 and you can see my full review here.
- e.l.f. Mist and Set– Out of all the setting sprays I’ve tried, I always come back to this one. It’s affordable at $7.00 for 4 ounces and it does its job. You can see my full review here.
- Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray– Does this spray really do anything miraculous? No but I still love it. It’s not a setting spray but it’s perfect for making powders look less powder-y and for wetting eyeshadow brushes. I also love just spraying in on my bare skin. It’s $12.00 for 8 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- e.l.f. Primer Infused Blush– These blushes are a longtime favorite of mine. They’re available in a matte or shimmer finish but in my opinion, the shimmer finish is more of just a satin. I own multiple of each finish and recommend both. They’re $6.00 apiece. I have multiple reviews and swatches: here, here, here and here.
- e.l.f. Bite Size Face Duos– These little duos have been one of my favorite finds in 2020 and they’re only $3.00! They honestly seem just like the Primer Infused Blushes but with the addition of a really good highlighter. I haven’t reviewed all the shades I own yet but you can see what I have reviewed here.
- Lorac Lux Diamond Golden Hour Palette– I know I said I wasn’t going to show swatches but I HAD to for this one. It’s just so beautiful. This has been my number one holy grail in 2020. I decluttered almost all of my highlighters because I really only use this palette. I’ve also used this palette on my eyes more than any of my actual eyeshadow palettes. It’s $35.00 and well worth it. You can see my full review here.
That is all of my favorite base and cheek products for 2020! My collection has really simplified over the past six months but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Everything I have, I love and use. I would love to know if we share any favorites! Also, keep an eye out for my eye, brow and lippie favorites. Thanks for reading and have a great day!