I have tried A LOT of products over the past year and have found some of my all time favorites. Every Friday of this month I will be talking about my favorite makeup, skincare and application tools from 2018. Today is going to be primers, foundations, concealers and color correctors. I won’t really be reviewing any of these things but I will link to my previous reviews.
For reference, my skin type is combination that tends to be more dry with acne, scarring and large pores.
- Hard Candy Pore-Defense Primer Serum– I have very large pores and this is one of the best pore filling primers I’ve tried. I’ve even tried Benefit’s Porefessional that I received as a sample and this one is better than Benefit, in my opinion. It can only be purchased at WalMart but for just $8.00 you get a ton of product.
- e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer– I never notice primer doing a ton for my makeup but this one seems to work pretty well at smoothing fine lines. It’s just a good basic primer for $6.00.
- e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer– This primer is amazing for very dry skin! It is so soothing and hydrating and again, only $6.00.
- NYX Pro Foundation Mixer– I actually have never reviewed this but I have mentioned it in other reviews. This white lightener is a miracle worker for foundations that are too dark. I have to use it every time I use my e.l.f. foundation that I’ll be talking about next. It’s only $7.50 and doesn’t change the formula of the foundation whatsoever.
- e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation– This is the best foundation I’ve ever tried, except for the fact that it’s way too dark for me. This has perfect coverage, a natural skin finish, wears beautifully throughout the day and is good for acne prone skin. All of that and it’s only $6.00.
- NYX BB Cream– After the e.l.f. foundation, this is my second most reached for foundation. It has fantastic coverage for a BB Cream and just looks beautiful on the skin. It’s $12.99.
Concealers & Color Correctors
- BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Concealer– This concealer provides so much coverage and so much product for just $6.00.
- NYX HD Concealer– This concealer offers less coverage and product than the one from BH Cosmetics but I still really like it. It’s $5.99.
- Covergirl Smoothers Concealer– This concealer doesn’t offer the most coverage but it is amazingly hydrating! It’s a must for dry skin and is $7.99.
- e.l.f. Lightweight Color Neutralizing Pens in Light, Brightening Pink & Green– I have talked about all three of these multiple times. The salmon and pink shades do such a good job at concealing and brightening my dark circles while the green is perfect for neutralizing redness. These are $6.00 apiece.
That is all of my primer, foundation and concealer favorites for 2018! What are your favorites from the year? I’d love to know! Thanks for reading and have a great day!