This is my last favorites post for 2019! I’m going to primarily be sharing my lip product favorites but I’ll also include my favorite mascara, eyeshadow primer, brow products and two other miscellaneous items. I am including some lip products that I haven’t reviewed yet, which I typically don’t do, but they’re fantastic. I will also include swatches but there won’t be full reviews. I’ll tell you the basic info about each product and then explain why it’s a favorite. I will also link to my previous review and where you can purchase said product. Let’s get started!
- Lorac Alter Ego Golden Era Lip Set– I typically wouldn’t mention this holiday set because not only have I not reviewed it, it’s limited edition. However, I LOVE these lip products so much. The set contains three full size products: a lip liner, a lip gloss and a lipstick. The shade that they’re in is a perfect nude for me and the formula for all three is great. The set is $18.00 but as of right now, it’s on sale for $10.80 at Ulta.
- NYX Cosmetics Lip Lingerie Push Up Lipstick– If I had to pick one lippie favorite from the entire year, this would be it. At just $9.00, the formula is beyond incredible. It’s a comfortable matte that’s easy to apply because of its pencil shape and the lasting power is unbelievable. I have a few shades but if I had to pick my favorite it would be Seduction, pictured above. You can see my review here.
- NYX Suede Matte Lipstick– If I had to choose a favorite bullet lipstick, this would be it. For $8.00, it’s a super comfortable matte that’s easy to apply and reapply. The lasting power isn’t bad but it’s not quite as good as the Lip Lingerie Push Up. I love all the shades I have of this lipstick but pictured above is Brunch Me. You can see my reviews and other shades here and here.
- Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick– I have talked about the Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks so many times. As of right now, this is the best liquid lipstick formula that I’ve ever tried. It’s comfortable, long lasting and easy to reapply. These are pricier lipsticks at $18.00 apiece but they go on sale for half off multiple times a year. I haven’t paid full price for any of mine and I don’t recommend them at full price. NEVER pay over $10.00 for a lipstick; it’s not worth it. Anyways, pictured above is my favorite cool toned shade, Desert Suede. You can see my review here.
- e.l.f. Matte Lip Color– This lipstick has been a favorite of mine for years. It’s very similar to the NYX Lip Lingerie Push Up but the formula is a tad bit creamier and it doesn’t last as long. However, it’s only $4.00. My favorite shade is Praline, pictured above, and you can see my review here.
- e.l.f. Lip Plumping Gloss– I just recently tried the Lip Plumping Glosses and I haven’t reviewed them yet but they’re definitely a favorite. It is a plumping formula so it does slightly sting the lips but I don’t find it to be painful and it does stop within a minute. I don’t really care about or notice the plumping effects, I just like the actual gloss formula. It’s opaque and long lasting but not sticky. This gloss is $6.00 and pictured above is my favorite shade, Praline.
- e.l.f. Prismatic Lip Gloss– At $4.00, this is just the perfect lip gloss formula. None of the Prismatic Glosses are very opaque but they make great lipstick toppers. This formula does have shimmer in it but it’s not gritty. If you prefer no shimmer, the Lip Lacquer formula is almost identical. I own and love all the available shades but pictured above is Imperial Topaz. You can see my review here.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Gloss– This has hands down been my favorite gloss formula in 2019. It’s more on the sheer side but it’s so hydrating and looks beautiful. It’s just $6.00 and my favorite shade is Tulip Spring, pictured above. You can see my review here.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm– A few years ago, before I got into makeup, this Tinted Lip Balm was all I wore. I recently rediscovered it and remembered how much I love it, especially paired with the Burt’s Bees Lip Gloss. It adds just the barest amount of color, is hydrating and comfortable. My favorite shade is Hibiscus, pictured above, and you can see my review here.
Mascara, Eyeshadow Primer & Brow Products:
- Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara– This mascara was my favorite for YEARS until I went cruelty free and sadly, had to give it up. I was so happy when Covergirl went cruelty free and I could start using it again. It provides the perfect amount of length and volume with no smudges. It’s $9.00 at Ulta but cheaper at WalMart. You can see my review here.
- essence Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base– This has been my go to eyeshadow primer all year. I love that it has a doe foot applicator and its pink shade helps to color correct my lids. It’s $3.49 and you can see my review here.
- NYX Eyebrow Powder Pencil– This is just a basic eyebrow pencil but it has a great formula. I have no issues applying it or with it lasting throughout the day. It’s $6.50 and I wear the shade Brunette. You can see my review here.
- e.l.f. Wow Brow Gel– This tinted brow gel has been a game changer for me. Most days, I just use this. It’s tinted but not messy, super easy to apply and holds my brows in place all day. It’s $4.00 and I wear the shade Neutral Brown. You can see my review here.
- Milani Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer– I was pretty iffy when I first tried this complexion enhancer from Milani but it does what it claims to do; moisturizes, adds glow and blurs imperfections. I love it on no makeup days and under my makeup. It’s $10.99 and I wear the shade Nude Glow. I’m not linking to my review because when I reviewed this, I actually didn’t like it. My opinion has definitely changed.
- e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator– This is a very old favorite of mine and my opinion hasn’t changed. This is a fantastic lip scrub and only $4.00. My original review for this is very old and not that well written so I won’t be linking to it.
We’ve finally made it to the end of my 2019 favorites! I would love to know if you plan to try anything I recommended or if we share any favorites. Thank you for reading and have a great day!