A few weeks ago I did the Drugstore Makeup Tag and one of the questions asked was, “What is a hidden gem at the drugstore that no one talks about?” This question gave me the idea for today’s post. There are so many products that I love but rarely, if ever, hear anybody else mention. I obviously don’t follow every beauty blogger or Youtuber so I’m sure that other people do love these products as much as I do; I’m simply talking about my personal experience. I won’t be mentioning a product from each makeup category because I do use quite a few popular products. This post is just for the makeup I absolutely love that deserves more attention. Let’s get started!
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation– This foundation is what I reach for when I want something full coverage and long wearing. It’s seriously one of the best foundations I’ve EVER tried and I can’t believe nobody talks about it. It’s $6.00 for 0.67 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- Australian Gold Tinted Moisturizer– This tinted moisturizer has been my go to over any other base product because it’s so easy to apply and gives a “my skin but better” look. For $16.00, you get 3 ounces of product. When you break down the cost by how much product you get, this is one of the most affordable tinted moisturizers. I’m always surprised that people go for the Colourpop, NYX, etc. options over this one. You can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder– This is hands down my holy grail powder. It looks so smooth, helps to blur pores and sets my makeup for hours. It’s also just $7.00 for 1.5 ounces of product. I don’t think you would be able to find a better deal for this great of a formula. You can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Aquasurance Powder Foundation– I LOVE to use this powder foundation on top of my tinted moisturizer. It’s also great for correcting makeup mistakes like smeared lipstick or liner. I have seen this mentioned by a few people but it still doesn’t get the attention it deserves. It’s $14.00 for 0.31 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- NYX Sweet Cheeks Creamy Powder Blush– The name of these blushes is completely accurate. They’re a powder formula but so creamy. They’re not overly pigmented but they’re very easy to blend out and build up. This formula is seriously one of the best you can get. They are $7.50 apiece, available in a matte or shimmer finish and you can see my full review here.
- BH Cosmetics Duolight Highlight Palette– The highlighters in this palette are all gorgeous, intense duochromes. They look beautiful on the face and the eyes. This palette is seriously the most affordable way to try out unique highlighters. It’s $20.00 and you can see my full review here.
- BH Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette– This is my oldest highlighter palette but still one of my favorites. BH Cosmetics just makes some of the most beautiful highlighters and I’m always surprised that more people don’t rave about them. It’s $18.00 and you can see my full (old) review here.
- Profusion Cosmetics Blush III Palette– Profusion as a brand in general doesn’t get talked about enough but I’ve never heard anybody mention their blush palettes. Every one of the products in this palette has a fantastic formula. It’s also just $5.00! You can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty You Glow Girl Baked Highlighter– I’m usually not a fan of baked highlighters but this one is BLINDING. It’s seriously one of the best you can get at just $8.99. You can see my full review here.
- Pacifica Cherry Bomb Cherry Cheek Powders– I haven’t heard anybody else talk about this beautiful quad but these blushes have an excellent formula. They’re more on the natural side but they’re easy to build up and impossible to overdo. It is $18.00 and you can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Spectrum Palette Highlighter Quad– This little quad of four cream highlighters is such a great product to have around. I don’t always like using cream products but these highlighters are so easy to use and create the most natural looking glow. This quad is just $4.00. You can see my full review here.
Eye & Brow Products:
- Profusion Cosmetics Nude Bliss– This palette is just absolutely gorgeous. I’m really surprised that I haven’t seen anybody else talking about it because not only is it great quality, it’s just $10.00. You can see my full review here.
- Covergirl Flourish Mascara– This mascara is perfect if you want clump free and lengthened lashes. It doesn’t add much volume but it’s a great formula that I really think most people would like. The price varies depending on where you buy it but it’s between $8-11.00. You can see my full review here.
- e.l.f. Wow Brow Gel– I use this brow gel every time I do my brows. It not only holds them in place but it adds fibers to make them look fuller. It’s $4.00 and you can see my full review here.
- Lorac Lux Diamond– In my opinion, this is the best palette Lorac has created. I’m not the biggest fan of their metallic formula but I find the ones in this palette to be pretty good. I also adore the mattes and shimmers. I see the Pro Palettes mentioned more often but this one is MUCH better. It’s $39.00 and you can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Noche– J. Cat Beauty as a whole isn’t talked about enough but people are really missing out on this palette. To be on the smaller side, it has a wide range of different shadow finishes and shades. It’s gorgeous and only $8.00. You can see my full review here.
- BareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick– When it comes to more expensive lipsticks, I NEVER hear this formula talked about. It’s not quite as long lasting as the Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks but it’s easier to reapply and more comfortable. If you buy them separately, they’re $20.00 apiece but I got mine as a set for just $12.00. You can see my full review here.
- NYX Lip Lingerie Push Up Lipstick– If all of my lipsticks suddenly disappeared, this formula is what I would rebuy first. Their pencil shape makes them easy to apply and they are so long lasting. They’re not as comfortable as a cream lipstick and you can tell they’re matte but they’re still quite comfortable. They’re $9.00 apiece. You can see reviews here, here and here.
- Hard Candy All Matte Up Lip Crayon– These lip crayons are easy to apply, comfortable and long lasting. Hard Candy as a whole is a pretty ignored brand which is a shame because they have some really good products. These lipsticks are $5.00 apiece and you can see my full review here.
I love finding these hidden gems and being able to share them with all of you. Have you tried any of the products I mentioned or do you plan to check them out? Let me know! Thanks for reading and have a great day!