I take selecting my favorite products pretty seriously. I only want to claim that something is a favorite if I have reached for it repeatedly. Some of the products that I’ll be telling you about today are newer to my collection but I’ve used them enough to know that they’re go tos. I got behind on reviews so a few of these products haven’t been talked about here on the blog but I’ve been sharing them on my Instagram. For the rest, I’ll link to their individual reviews.
Today I’m going to focus on base and cheek products but eye, brow and lip products will be coming soon. If I don’t mention a certain type of product, that means I either don’t have a favorite or I don’t use that product. I think that’s everything you need to know so let’s talk about my 2021 favorites!
✨Primer & Foundation
- e.l.f. Matte Oil Control Primer– It’s rare I find a primer that works well for me but this one is pretty close to prefect. It helps keep me matte in my oily T-zone, blurs pores and just boosts any foundation I pair with it. It is $10.00.
- SOL Body Face & Body Makeup– This is a fantastic, light to medium coverage foundation. It is completely transfer proof and is an unbelievably great deal at $16.00 for 3 ounces. I wear the lightest shade, Fair 2. You can read my full review here.
- Essence Pretty Natural Hydrating Foundation– I’m already on my second bottle of this foundation, if that tells you anything. I don’t think it’s very hydrating but it’s a beautiful satin finish, medium to full coverage foundation. I do find that I need to pair it with the e.l.f. Matte Primer and my powders for it to look its best. However, for $7.00, you can’t beat it. I wear the shade Neutral Ivory.
- J.Cat Beauty Skinsurance Max Coverage Foundation– This foundation is a repeat from last year. It is what I use when I want COVERAGE and want it to last all day. Even with it being so high coverage, it still looks natural on the skin. It has a beautiful satin finish. It is $15.00 and I wear the shade Soft Beige. You can see my full review here.
✨Color Correctors, Concealers & Powders
- Milani Brightening Undereye Tint– This is currently the only color corrector type product that I use and I use it EVERY time I do my makeup. I wouldn’t say that it color corrects because it’s not pigmented enough for that but it does do a great job of brightening the undereye area. It blends seamlessly with a finger and can be worn alone or under other products. It is $10.00 and I have the shade Pink Rose. You can read my full review here.
- NYX Concealer Serum– This is currently my top favorite concealer. It has medium to full coverage and is super hydrating but I have had no issues with creasing as long as I set it with powder. It’s blendable and has worked well with every product I’ve paired with it. It’s $11.00 and I wear the shade Vanilla. You can read my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Staysurance Zero Smudge Concealer– This concealer, just like the foundation, is another repeat favorite. It’s perfect for full coverage, long wear looks. It is $8.00 and I wear the shade Custard. You can read my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder– This is hands down my holy grail powder. It looks so smooth, helps to blur pores and sets my makeup for hours. It is $7.00 and I wear the shade Porcelain. You can read my full review here.
- e.l.f. Halo Glow Powder– I have used this powder every time I’ve did my makeup since I discovered it. It adds a beautiful glow to the skin. I primarily use it as a finishing powder on top of my J.Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder. I use both the Light and Medium shades depending on what foundation I wear. My perfect shade, though, would be those two mixed. It is $8.00 and you can read my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Aquasurance Powder Foundation– I primarily use this powder to bump up the coverage of my foundations. It’s also great for correcting makeup mistakes like smeared lipstick or liner. It is $14.00 and I wear the shade Ivory. You can read my full review here.
- Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray– Does this spray really do anything miraculous? No but I still love it. It’s not a setting spray but it’s perfect for making powders look less powder-y and for wetting eyeshadow brushes. I also love just spraying in on my bare skin. It’s $12.00 for 8 ounces of product. You can read my full review here.
- Catrice Oil Control Matt Fixing Spray– I’ve tried a lot of setting sprays, from Urban Decay to e.l.f. The best I’ve found, though, has been this one. It actually helps keep me matte and I feel that my makeup lasts longer when I wear it. It’s $8.00 and you can read my full review here.
- Pacifica Cherry Bomb Cherry Cheek Powders– This is a beautiful quad of two blushes and two highlighters/blush toppers. The formula is just so easy to work with on the face and eyes. They’re more on the natural side but they’re easy to build up and impossible to overdo. This quad is $18.00 and you can read my full review here.
- NYX Sweet Cheeks Creamy Powder Blush– The name of these blushes is completely accurate. They’re a powder formula but so creamy. They’re not overly pigmented but they’re very easy to blend out and build up. This formula is seriously one of the best you can get. They are $7.50 apiece, available in a matte or shimmer finish. I own three of the shades, which you can see swatched above, but my favorite is Bang Bang. You can read my full review here.
- Lorac Lux Diamond Golden Hour Palette– I have raved about this palette over and over again but it’s just so beautiful. I have decluttered almost all of my highlighters because I really only use this palette. I also use this palette on my eyes more than any of my actual eyeshadow palettes. It’s $35.00 and well worth it. You can read my full review here.
- Catrice More Than Glow Highlighter– This highlighter has the same quality as the ones from Lorac. It’s blinding and smooth on the skin. It’s a steal at only $6.00. I have the shade Supreme Rose Beam. You can read my full review here.
That is all of my favorite base and cheek products from the past year! It’s a pretty small amount of products but I honestly prefer that. I always wonder how somebody can really have 50 different “favorites” in one category😅 Anyways, I would love to know if we share any favorites! Also, keep an eye out for my eye, brow and lippie favorites. Thanks for reading and have a great day!