I am in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee as you’re reading this! We vacationed here last January as well and before that trip I wrote a post all about the skincare and makeup I was taking with me. I wanted to do that again this time because I find those type of posts super helpful. We are driving, not flying, so what I’m packing won’t meet flight standards. I also won’t be including my skincare in this post because my skincare routine is now VERY lengthy. I actually cut way back on the makeup I’m taking because I have so much skincare. If you’re interested in my routine or what I use, here are my latest posts for my morning and nighttime routines. Most of these products I have reviewed before and I will link to those reviews. If I haven’t reviewed it, I will link to where it can be purchased, let you know how much it is and some basic facts about it. Let’s get into my travel essentials!
- The essence Glow Boosting+Pore Minimizing Primer is very new to me. It’s $5.00 for 1 ounce and I have not reviewed it yet. As of right now, I’m really liking it so I decided to pack it.
- I also have not reviewed the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation but I’ve been trying this out for almost two months. I can tell you for sure this is my favorite foundation at the moment. It is $6.00 for 0.67 ounces. It has a beautiful, skin like finish and lasts all day. It’s not completely full coverage on me but with concealer it’s perfect. My review for this will be coming in just a few weeks.
- I’m taking the e.l.f. Neutralizing Pen for Dark Circles and Eye Brightener Pen. These are what I use daily for my dark circles.
- I’m also taking the Hard Candy Cushion Color Corrector in Green. I have not reviewed this yet but it’s a good, basic color corrector for redness. It’s $6.00.
- For concealer, I’m taking the Milani Conceal+Perfect Longwear Concealer. It’s not the perfect concealer for me but it works very well with the Hard Candy Foundation.
- Wet n Wild recently released the Photofocus Loose Powder in Translucent and I picked it up. I usually use the Covergirl Loose Powder but I noticed it was really darkening my foundation. The Wet n Wild powder is still very new to me but it seems to work well. It is $6.00.
- For blush, I went with one of my favorites, the J. Cat Blush in Sweet Pea Pink. It’s a cooler toned pink that will go well with the eyeshadows I chose.
- For highlight, I went with the Milani Highlighter in Moon Glow. It’s a very beautiful champagne/peachy highlight.
- For setting sprays, I chose my two reliable favorites, the e.l.f. Setting Spray and the Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray.
Eyes & Brows
- I’m taking my favorite eyeshadow primer, the essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base.
- For eyeshadow, I really wanted to keep it simple so I’m just taking the Covergirl Shimmering Sands Trio and the L.A. Girl Quad in Idolize.
- I’m also taking my mini Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Smoldering Satin. I’m not sure if I’ll end up using it but it doesn’t take up much space and it goes well with the eyeshadows.
- I recently bought the L.A. Girl Ultimate Eye Intense Wear Eyeliner. It’s $5.00 and mine is in the shade Ultimate Black. I’m not sure if I’ll use this but I want to take it just in case.
- The Covergirl Lasblast Volume Mascara is my favorite. It doesn’t smudge and makes my lashes look beautiful.
- For brows, I’m taking my super basic e.l.f. brow pencil and gel. They’re very cheap and work perfectly.
Here’s some swatches of the eyeshadows I’m taking!
- For lips, I’m keeping it very simple and just taking two products, the Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick in Stone and the Dose of Colors Lipgloss in One and Only. I will also have a clear lipgloss and lip balm with me.
In these pictures I am wearing most of the products I’m taking with me. On my eyes is a mix of the Covergirl Trio, L.A. Girl Quad and Covergirl Mascara. On my lips is the Dose of Colors Lipgloss. On my cheeks is the J. Cat Beauty Blush and Milani Highlighter. This will probably be the look I wear everyday because I like to keep it very minimal when we travel.
I’m able to fit everything into this small makeup bag so I’m happy with that. If you’re interested in seeing photos from our trip and my bare minimum makeup in action, follow me on Instagram! I’d love to know what your travel essentials are! Thanks for reading and have a great day!