I take selecting my favorite products pretty seriously. I only want to claim that something is a favorite if I have reached for it repeatedly. Some of the products that I’ll be telling you about today are newer to my collection but I’ve used them enough to know that they’re go tos. I have dedicated reviews for almost all of these products and I will link to those. If I don’t have a dedicated review, I will link to a post where I’ve mentioned the product if there’s one available.
Today I’m going to focus on base and cheek products but eye, brow and lip products will be coming soon. If I don’t mention a certain type of product, that means I either don’t have a favorite or I don’t use that product. I won’t be adding swatches because honestly, I’m short on time but you can find those in the individual posts. If there isn’t a post for the product, there will be one soon. I think that’s everything you need to know so let’s talk about my 2022 favorites!
Primer, Foundation & Concealer:
- essence Skin Refining Primer– Every single time I fall in love with a primer, it gets discontinued. I decided to try this one to see if it could replace some of my older ones and I ended up loving it! It’s hydrating and helps to blur imperfections. It might not be the best for oily skin types but it works well with my combination skin. It is $6.00 and you get one ounce of product.
- ShopMissA No Pore Primer– This is a silicone based pore filling primer. It does an excellent job of filling in pores and it really helps with the wear time of my makeup. Of these two primers, I recommend this one the most. It is $1.88 and you get 0.67 ounces of product. You can read my full review here.
- NYX Concealer Serum– This concealer has such excellent coverage and is so easy to work with that I use it as a foundation more than an actual concealer. While not the most long lasting, it lasts decently well when set with powder. It’s $11.00 and you get 0.32 ounces of product. I wear the shade Vanilla. You can read my full review here.
- Milani Brightening Undereye Tint– This is currently the only color corrector type product that I use and I use it EVERY time I do my makeup. I wouldn’t say that it color corrects because it’s not pigmented enough for that but it does do a great job of brightening the undereye area. It blends seamlessly with a finger and can be worn alone or under other products. It is $10.00 and you get 0.51 ounces of product. I wear the shade Pink Rose. You can read my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Staysurance Zero Smudge Concealer– This concealer is a repeat favorite. It’s perfect for full coverage, long wear looks. It is $8.00 and you get 0.33 ounces of product. I wear the shade Buff. You can read my full review here and another post about it here.
- ShopMissA AOA Vita Glow Tinted Moisturizer– This tinted moisturizer has been my go-to ALL year long. I reach for it anytime I want quick, barely there coverage. It blends easily and gives the skin a beautiful glow, while being long lasting. It’s only $1.55 and you get 0.67 ounces of product. I wear the shade Fair. You can see a post where I used it here.
- J.Cat Beauty Skinsurance Max Coverage Foundation– This foundation, like the concealer, has been a favorite for years. It is what I use when I want COVERAGE and want it to last all day. Even with it being so high coverage, it still looks natural on the skin. It has a beautiful satin finish. It is $15.00 and you get one ounce of product. I wear the shade Buff. You can see my full review here and another post about it here.
Powders & Spray:
- J. Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder– This is hands down my holy grail powder. It looks so smooth, helps to blur pores and sets my makeup for hours. It is $7.00 and you get 1.5 ounces of product. I wear the shade Porcelain. You can read my full review here and another post about it here.
- e.l.f. Halo Glow Powder– I have used this powder every time I’ve did my makeup since I discovered it. It adds a beautiful glow to the skin. I primarily use it as a finishing powder on top of my J.Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder. I use both the Light and Medium shades depending on what foundation I wear. My perfect shade, though, would be those two mixed. It is $8.00 and you get 0.24 ounces of product. You can read my full review here.
- Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray– Does this spray really do anything miraculous? No but I still love it. It’s not a setting spray but it’s perfect for making powders look less powder-y and for wetting eyeshadow brushes. I also love just spraying in on my bare skin. It’s $12.00 for 8 ounces of product. You can read my full review here.
Blushes & Highlighters:
- Half Caked Candy Paint Cheek Tints– These cream blushes and highlighters have the best formula of all the cream products I own. They blend easily, can be built up or sheered out and leave a gorgeous glow while not being sticky. They are $10.00 apiece and you get 5 grams of product. You can read my full reviews here and here. Pictured above is 4 AM and Sugar Cookie.
- Pacifica Cherry Bomb Cherry Cheek Powders– This is a beautiful quad of two blushes and two highlighters/blush toppers. The formula is just so easy to work with on the face and eyes. They’re more on the natural side but they’re easy to build up and impossible to overdo. I have used this palette so much that I’ve almost hit pan. That’s a huge accomplishment when you have a lot of makeup😂 This quad is $18.00 and you get 14 grams of product. You can read my full review here.
- Flower Beauty Flower Pots Blush– I have grabbed for this blush in the shade Berry-More over all my other powder blushes. It has a great blendable formula and looks beautiful on the skin. It is $10.00 and you get 6 grams of product. You can read my full review here.
- NYX Sweet Cheeks Creamy Powder Blush– The name of these blushes is completely accurate. They’re a powder formula but so creamy. They’re not overly pigmented but they’re very easy to blend out and build up. This formula is seriously one of the best you can get. My favorite shade for this time of year is Red Riot, pictured above. They are $7.50 and you get 5 grams of product. You can read my full review here.
- ShopMissA Glow Within Illuminating Powder– I’m not sure how ShopMissA does it, but this highlighter is one of the most stunning ones I own and it’s only $1.55 for 8 grams of product! It’s a perfect glowy highlighter with no glitter. Pictured above is Wish On A Star but I love every shade I’ve tried.
That is all of my favorite base and cheek products from the past year! It’s a pretty small amount of products but I honestly prefer that. I would love to know if we share any favorites! Also, keep an eye out for my eye, brow and lippie favorites. Thanks for reading and have a great day!