I’m excited for today’s post because I’m going to be sharing all of my midyear makeup favorites! I don’t do monthly favorites because I prefer to see what products I REALLY reach for over an extended period of time. I think sharing my favorites in the middle and at the end of the year provides a more accurate representation of what I truly love the most. The products I’ll be talking about are a mix of newer and older releases. I have reviewed almost all of these products and will be linking to those reviews. I’m only going to show swatches for the things I haven’t reviewed yet. Some makeup categories aren’t mentioned because I don’t currently have a favorite in them. I think that covers everything so let’s talk about some really good makeup!
Foundation, Color Corrector & Concealer:
- Australian Gold Tinted Moisturizer– This tinted moisturizer has been my go to over any other base product because it’s so easy to apply and gives a “my skin but better” look. For $16.00, you get 3 ounces of product; a fantastic deal. You can see my full review here.
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation– This foundation is the complete opposite of a tinted moisturizer. It’s what I reach for when I want something full coverage and long wearing. It’s $6.00 for 0.67 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer– These concealers are my favorite color correctors, though I do like the regular concealer shades as well. I mix the shades Cool Pink and Peach to create my perfect under eye/dark spot corrector. They are $5.00 apiece for 0.28 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- e.l.f. 16hr Camo Concealer– This is a medium to full coverage, fully matte concealer. When it sets in place, it doesn’t move. It’s $6.00 for 0.20 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
Powder & Setting Spray:
- J. Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder– This is hands down my holy grail powder. It looks so smooth, helps to blur pores and sets my makeup for hours. It’s also just $7.00 for 1.5 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Aquasurance Powder Foundation– I LOVE to use this powder foundation on top of my tinted moisturizer. It’s also great for correcting makeup mistakes like smeared lipstick or liner. It’s $14.00 for 0.31 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray– Does this spray really do anything miraculous? No but I still love it. It’s not a setting spray but it’s perfect for making powders look less powder-y and for wetting eyeshadow brushes. It’s $12.00 for 8 ounces of product. You can see my full review here.
- e.l.f. Mist and Set– Out of all the setting sprays I’ve tried, I always come back to this one. It’s affordable at $7.00 for 4 ounces and it does its job. You can see my full review here.
Blush, Highlighter & Bronzer:
- Pacifica Cherry Bomb Cherry Cheek Powders– I haven’t heard anybody else talk about this beautiful quad but these blushes have an excellent formula. They’re more on the natural side but they’re easy to build up and impossible to overdo. This quad is $18.00. You can see my full review here.
- NYX Sweet Cheeks Creamy Powder Blush– The name of this blush is so accurate because it’s a powder formula but so creamy. I have three shades (Bang Bang, Red Riot and Silence is Golden) and while all three look very intimating, they’re unbelievably easy to work with. These blushes are $7.50 apiece and available in a matte or shimmer finish; I only own the matte versions. I haven’t reviewed these blushes yet and don’t have swatch pictures but you can see them in action on my Instagram. A review is coming very soon.
- e.l.f. Primer Infused Blush– These blushes are a longtime favorite of mine. They’re available in a matte or shimmer finish but in my opinion, the shimmer finish is more of just a satin. I own multiple of each finish and recommend both. They’re $6.00 apiece. I have multiple reviews: here, here and here.
- Milani Strobelight Instant Glow Powder– Out of all my highlighters, this one is my most reached for. It’s a powder but it’s so creamy that it can be applied with a brush, sponge or fingers. How you apply it and how much you use will determine the amount of glow it gives. It’s $10.00 and you can see my full review here.
- Lorac Hustle and Glow Baked Bronze & Highlight Palette– I am very new to using bronzer on a regular basis but I’ve bought a few to play around with and this palette is my favorite so far. It’s easy to work with and I’m able to use every shade in the palette in some way. It’s $25.00 and I have not reviewed it yet but a review is coming very soon.
- Lorac Effortless Glamour– This is the smallest palette I own and one of my all time favorites. It’s just so beautiful and easy to work with. It’s $15.00 and you can see my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Noche– I’m always surprised by how much I love J. Cat’s products because they’re so unbelievably affordable. This palette is gorgeous and only $8.00. You can see my full review here.
- Profusion Cosmetics Nude Bliss– This palette contains my perfect neutrals. I can do something really simple or really in depth with it. It’s also super affordable at just $10.00. You can see my full review here.
- Lorac Lux Diamond– In my opinion, this is the best palette Lorac has created. I’m not the biggest fan of their metallic formula but I find the ones in this palette to be pretty good. I also adore the mattes and shimmers. It’s just a perfect neutral palette with some fun pops of color. It’s $39.00 and you can see my full review here.
Eyeliner, Mascara & Brows:
- L.A. Girl Shockwave Eyeliner– I’ve never been the biggest fan of eyeliner but I LOVE these. They are completely budge proof and add such a fun pop of color. They’re $4.49 apiece and I haven’t reviewed them yet but will soon.
- Covergirl Flourish Mascara– This mascara is perfect if you want clump free and lengthened lashes. It doesn’t add much volume but that’s fine with me. The price varies depending on where you buy it but it’s between $8-11.00. You can see my full review here.
- e.l.f. Wow Brow Gel– I use this brow gel every time I do my brows. It not only holds them in place but it adds fibers to make them look fuller. I use this on my brows first and then lightly fill in any gaps with whatever pencil I’m using at the time. It’s $4.00 and you can see my full review here.
- Milani Ludicrous Lip Gloss– This gloss formula is the absolute best. They’re so thick that they last longer than any other gloss but they’re not sticky. If I’m wearing a gloss, it’s usually one of these. They’re $9.00 apiece and you can see my full review here.
- Hard Candy All Matte Up Lip Crayon– These lip crayons are easy to apply, comfortable and long lasting. They’re $5.00 apiece and you can see my full review here.
- NYX Lip Lingerie Push Up Lipstick– If all of my lipsticks suddenly disappeared, this formula is what I would rebuy first. Their pencil shape makes them easy to apply and they are so long lasting. They’re not as comfortable as a cream lipstick and you can tell they’re matte but they’re still quite comfortable. They’re $9.00 apiece. You can see reviews here and here.
As of right now, these products are the best of the best in my collection. Let me know down below what your favorites are or if we share any! Thanks for reading and have a great day!