I’m excited for today’s post because I’m going to be sharing all of my midyear makeup favorites! I haven’t done this kind of post since 2020 and I’m not sure why. I guess I just forgot about it in 2021… blame it on my child🤷♀️ Anyways, I don’t do monthly favorites because I prefer to see what products I REALLY reach for over an extended period of time. I think sharing my favorites in the middle and at the end of the year provides a more accurate representation of what I truly love the most. The products I’ll be talking about are a mix of newer and older releases. I have reviewed almost all of these products and will be linking to those reviews. I’m only going to show swatches for the things I haven’t reviewed yet. Some makeup categories aren’t mentioned because I don’t currently have a favorite in them. I think that covers everything so let’s talk about some really good makeup!
- e.l.f. Matte Oil Control Primer– It’s rare I find a primer that works well for me but this one is pretty close to prefect. It helps keep me matte in my oily T-zone, blurs pores and just boosts any foundation I pair with it. It is $10.00.
- J.Cat Beauty Skinsurance Max Coverage Foundation– This foundation has been a favorite for years and I still love it. It is what I use when I want COVERAGE and want it to last all day. Even with it being so high coverage, it still looks natural on the skin. It has a beautiful satin finish. It is $15.00 and I wear the shade Buff. You can see my full review here and another post about it here.
- ShopMissA AOA Vita Glow Tinted Moisturizer– I haven’t reviewed this yet but it has become an absolute staple and it’s only $1.55. I prefer it to my Urban Decay Hydromaniac Tinted Foundation… and that one is $29.00. I wear the shade Fair. You can see a post where I used it here.
- Milani Brightening Undereye Tint– This is currently the only color corrector type product that I use and I use it EVERY time I do my makeup. I wouldn’t say that it color corrects because it’s not pigmented enough for that but it does do a great job of brightening the undereye area. It blends seamlessly with a finger and can be worn alone or under other products. It is $10.00 and I have the shade Pink Rose. You can read my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Staysurance Zero Smudge Concealer– This concealer, just like the foundation, is another repeat favorite. It’s perfect for full coverage, long wear looks. It is $8.00 and I wear the shade Buff. You can read my full review here and another post about it here.
- J. Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder– This is hands down my holy grail powder. It looks so smooth, helps to blur pores and sets my makeup for hours. It is $7.00 and I wear the shade Porcelain. You can read my full review here and another post about it here.
- e.l.f. Halo Glow Powder– I have used this powder every time I’ve did my makeup since I discovered it. It adds a beautiful glow to the skin. I primarily use it as a finishing powder on top of my J.Cat Beauty Luxe Pro Powder. I use both the Light and Medium shades depending on what foundation I wear. My perfect shade, though, would be those two mixed. It is $8.00 and you can read my full review here.
- J. Cat Beauty Aquasurance Powder Foundation– I primarily use this powder to bump up the coverage of my foundations. It’s also great for correcting makeup mistakes like smeared lipstick or liner. It is $14.00 and I wear the shade Buff. You can read my full review here.
- Catrice Oil Control Matt Fixing Spray– I’ve tried a lot of setting sprays, from Urban Decay to e.l.f. The best I’ve found, though, has been this one. It actually helps keep me matte and I feel that my makeup lasts longer when I wear it. It’s $8.00 and you can read my full review here.
- Pacifica Cherry Bomb Cherry Cheek Powders– This is a beautiful quad of two blushes and two highlighters/blush toppers. The formula is just so easy to work with on the face and eyes. They’re more on the natural side but they’re easy to build up and impossible to overdo. This quad is $18.00 and you can read my full review here.
- essence The Blush– This little blush is only $4.00 but it’s incredible. It’s a powder formula but so creamy. It’s not overly pigmented but is very easy to blend out and build up. This formula is seriously one of the best you can get. I have the shade Believing. You can read my full review here.
- Flower Beauty Flower Pots Blush– I had tried this blush formula in the past and wasn’t crazy about it but when I tried it again in the shade Berry-More, I fell in love! It’s not quite as smooth and creamy as the essence The Blush but it’s still easy to work with. It does have a hint of shimmer in it but I wouldn’t call it a glowy blush. I have grabbed for this one over all my other powder blushes. It is $10.00 and I haven’t reviewed it yet but you can see the swatch above.
- ShopMissA Cream Blush– I have never been into cream blushes until I tried this formula. I own quite a few shades but Shy is my favorite. It is a perfect, natural looking red on me. These blushes are super easy to apply and blend out. They last all day and dry down to basically a matte finish. What makes them even better is that they’re only $1.00. You can see my full review here.
- ShopMissA Velour Mousse Highlighter– I wasn’t going to include this highlighter because the shade I have, 4 U, has been discontinued BUT there are other shades available. This is a cream formula that’s super easy to work with and gives an intense glow with no glitter. It’s $1.00 and you can see my full review here.
- ShopMissA Powlighter– Last but not least is another $1.00 gem. This loose highlighter in Astro is BLINDING. You can see my full review here.
- Undone Beauty Curator Eye Palette– The Undone Beauty eyeshadow formula has been my favorite for awhile. It’s blendable, creamy and simply gorgeous. I’ve really liked each palette I’ve tried from the brand but the neutral option, Bare, is my most reached for. I have used it more than any other palette I own. It is $14.00 and you can read my review here.
- Undone Beauty Curator Eye Quad– As with their palettes, the Undone Beauty Eye Quads are great. I particularly love the one in Blues Clues. It has some of the prettiest and easiest to work with blue shadows that I’ve ever tried. It is $10.00 and you can read my review here.
- Lorac Soleil Eyeshadow Palette– This palette has been an unexpected favorite. At first glance, it’s a typical warm neutral color story but I found the shadows in it to have so much depth and beauty. The shimmers are sparkly and the mattes are the typical, easy to work with Lorac formula. This palette is $39.00 and you can read my review here.
- essence Dancing Green Eyeshadow Palette– This tiny palette has a shockingly good formula, especially for the fact that it’s only $4.00. I’ve tried much more expensive palettes that just can’t compare. You can read my full review here.
- Colourpop Super Shock Shadows– I know that I’m late to the game but I have fallen in love with Super Shock Shadows! I don’t have a lot of them but I’ve been pleased with the ones I do have. They’re so easy to work with and I feel that they’re great on their own or to add something extra to a look. They also last really well on the eyes. My two favorites right now are Moonwalk and So Quiche. They are $6.00 and I’ll have a review up for mine very soon.
- L.A. Girl Shockwave Eyeliner– I’ve never been the biggest fan of eyeliner but I LOVE these. They are completely budge proof and add such a fun pop of color. They’re $4.49 apiece and you can read my review here.
- L.A. Girl Metallic Shockwave Eye Liners– As with the originals, I love the metallic options just as much. They are also completely budge proof and $4.49. I haven’t reviewed them yet but you can see swatches of all the ones I own above.
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof Mascara– This mascara is one of the best waterproof ones I’ve tried. It truly is water and smudge proof. It also makes my lashes look incredible. The price varies depending on where you buy it but it’s between $6-8.00. You can read my review here.
- ShopMissA Squalips Lipgloss– This isn’t a super exciting favorite but I really love it. It’s a clear gloss with a great formula. Plus, it’s only $1.00. You can read my review here.
- ShopMissA Lip Pop Gloss– This gloss in City Girl has been my absolute go to. It has a comfortable, not sticky formula and is completely opaque. It’s also only $1.00. You can read my review here.
- Milani Fruit Fetish Lip Oil– If I’m not wearing the ShopMissA Lip Pop Gloss, odds are I’m wearing this Milani Lip Oil in Cherry Lime. It’s so comfortable, gives a hint of color and lasts for a surprisingly long time on the lips. It’s $10.00 and a review is coming soon but you can see it on me here.
As of right now, these products are the best of the best in my collection. Let me know down below what your favorites are or if we share any! Thanks for reading and have a great day!